If you think connecting with your customers consists of simply emailing them new offers, or providing them with a mobile app, then think again. Getting insurance customers to download your app is a great beginning, but it’s not enough to build lasting business relationships. Simply emailing them new offers, or providing them with a mobile app, then think again. Getting insurance customers to download your app is a great beginning, but it’s not enough to build lasting business relationships.
Luckily, now you can engage with your customers throughout the policyholder lifecycle by offering an integrated mobile platform for key business activities, such as providing quotes, renewing policies and processing claims. Using mobile solutions throughout the customer lifecycle makes it easier and more convenient for your policyholders to do business with you.
Mobile moments with your customers not only differentiate you from the competition, they provide a first-class customer experience and faster, better service. And, when customers are satisfied, they tend to engage with you more, learn more about your products and buy more from you.
“By 2018, insurers anticipate nearly one-fifth (18.7%) of their business to be generated through the internet, up from 12.7% in 2013. Another 10.9% is expected to come via mobile changes, up from a mere 1.5% in2013. In effect, within five years, nearly one-third of the insurance indystry’s business is expected to occur digitally.”
–Capgemini, World Insurance Report, 2013.
Where Should You Begin?
With nearly one-third of your business destined to occur digitally in the future, you’ll want to take advantage of every opportunity to connect with your customers quickly and conveniently using mobile.
Here are 8 ways to empower your customers, improve customer relationships, and increase revenue with smartphone functionality.
- Compare coverage and rate options. Customers appreciate the freedom to compare insurance rates and choose the coverage that best fits their needs―easily, quickly and at the best price―all from the convenience of their smartphone.
- Find or contact an agent. Customers want the ability to contact their agent quickly and easily—and their mobile device is the perfect device to meet this need.
- Submit a mobile application and supporting documents. Offer customers the opportunity to capture relevant information from their passports, IDs and driver licenses, using their smartphone camera. Once they verify the information is correct, your customers can use this information to automatically pre-fill online application forms, without having to re-enter the information multiple times. This greatly reduces frustration and abandonment rates, making a win for you and your insurance customers,
- Access, view and change policy and coverage information. Policyholders crave the convenience of quickly obtaining information they need, and changing it easily on their smartphone.
- Pay bills and premium payments. Enable policyholders to submit a bill and a check or card for payment, all by capturing documents from their smartphone camera and extracting relevant data in real-time.
- Initiate a claim and submit damage photos. Allow motorists to use their smartphones to initiate a claim, document data about the crash and the people involved in it, photograph the damage, pinpoint the location, and kick-start the claims process.
- Find nearby repair centers. When policyholders need car repairs, you want to respond quickly with an app that helps them search and find an authorized repair center near their home.
- View the status of their claim. Eliminate guesswork by offering policyholders mobile-based access to their claim, so they can track its progress and review its status.
“ The impact of the mobile-shifted customer is palpable across the insurance industry and ecosystem.
— Forrester Group, The Future of Insurance is Mobile, 2015
Ready to implement a truly flexible and future–ready mobile solution that can satisfy ever-changing customer expectations and achieve your business objectives? Discover how you can improve the customer experience, increase revenue, and stay ahead of the competition with a well-defined mobile strategy. Download this eBook, How to Win with Mobile today.